For a gallery of 75 images of the 2013 garden please link to facebook here.
My garden was on the 2011 Wachiska Audubon Society Backyard Habitat Garden Tour, the 2013 Garden Club of Lincoln Tour, has been featured online at Fine Gardening and soon Garden Design, has appeared in print in the Omaha World Herald and Lincoln Journal Star, and was named a 2012 best outdoor space by Apartment Therapy.
Just the vitals:
- 1,500 square feet (main back garden, excludes front beds)
- Born July 2007
- Clay subsoil stripped of topsoil
- 75% native plants
- Water 1-2x per year in late summer / fall (not really needed though)
- No fertilizer or sprays of any kind, ever
- Mulch with late March cutdown
- Work 1-3 days in spring & that's it for the year
- Blooms April to November
- Major bloom times are July and October
- Hosts incredible diversity of insects, birds, spiders