Sunday, October 20, 2013

Following One Path

This fall I've become particularly enamored with one path, one portion in my small garden. I think it may be two asters that I self sowed themselves -- I just don't remember planting them. They are growing into blue sentinels across from each other on this one path, covered in insects, glowing in four dimensions. This is what I like about a garden that's now wilding -- I can be surprised year to year and take deep pleasure in the angles of light, the new reflections of life, the shifting form and function of even one small area. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the asters--they are amazing--and have started planting as many as possible and plan to includ even more next year. Some were mystery plants to me, and I still haven't quite identified them, but I am glad that I didn't pull them out as "weeds." They are also hosts for Pearl Crescentspots. Thank you for all of your writing on behalf on natives and wildlife.