Monday, March 30, 2009

Eau de Star Trek

These are the scents of the starship Enterprise....


"Hoping to profit from the May 8 release of J.J. Abrams' new "Star Trek" film, Maryland-based Genki Wear will release three Star Trek-themed scents on April 24.

Soon, Trekkies will be able to channel their inner Starfleet commander with Tiberius, based on Capt. James Kirk's character. The scent, which carries the tag line "Boldly go," is described as having a "warm vanilla, white musk and sandalwood" base.

For those living like the next workday could be their last, there's "Red Shirt." This cologne, with the tag line, "Because tomorrow may never come," is in honor of the unnamed Enterprise officers who don't typically survive past the TV show's first scene. It's described as having a "leather and gray musk" aroma.

The "Pon Farr" perfume is for the ladies. A great gift for Mom for letting you crash in the basement for 50-some-odd years? Maybe not. It refers to the Vulcan mating ritual, which occurs every seven years. So maybe this one's only for special occasions?"

--Associated Press

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boldly go sounds good.

our friend Ben said...

This is hysterical! I've always loathed Captain Kirk, so I especially appreciated the comparison to Tiberius. As for the other two, you said it!

Susan Tomlinson said...

This is a spoof, right? Surely it is...:-D

Gillian Lee said...

It is probably questionable that I make this my first comment to your blog - but it is je ne sais quoi after all. I love the Red Shirt because tomorrow may never come! We use a similair phrase at work when mounting a seemingly impossible task (such as asking the boss for more creamer in the break room). Just kidding (not really).

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

LOL! This is just too silly. I'm going to have to show this to my husband, who is even more of a Star Trek fan than I am. (Yes, we're eagerly awaiting the new flick, which we're going to see in IMAX. We're such Sci-Fi geeks.)

Victoria Summerley said...

Pon Farr sounds ever so slightly rude. But then I suppose if it's a mating ritual, it probably IS ever so slightly rude.

WiseAcre said...

I guess people will buy anything if you associate it with something they like. Makes no scents to me though.

I'm still waiting for Tribble snacks.