Friday, October 26, 2007

UNL in the Fall

Colors this fall are better than usual, as pointed out this evening by a passenger in my car. UNL is considered an arboretum, but particularly east campus where all the horts hang out. These pics are from city campus where I teach students to dislike their teachers.

The first photo is looking out of the English Department's men's room on the top floor--sorry I couldn't get the screen pulled back (it was hard enough sneaking a camera in--I don't know what my colleagues would have said had I been caught using my flash). I've always liked seeing Roxy Paine's 40 foot stainless steel tree juxtaposed with live ones. I know many don't, but I find it exhilarating, particularly in winter surrounded by other bare trees.

















Some grass outside Love Library (I never have, what about you?).















Below are two views of Mark di Suvero's "Old Glory," so named because as you look at the blue sky and white clouds (when we have clouds) it's red, white, and blue. I'd like to think the landscaping was done in mind of the many sculptures on campus, all part of the Sheldon Art Gallery's collection.









1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

Love Library? I most certainly do!!