Monday, November 23, 2009

Monarch (Poop) In Space

Following the monarch cats up on the space station I never stopped to think about feces. Now, I know from personal experience monarch merde needs to be cleaned up every day, maybe every two days, before it starts turning into white cotton-ball like fuzzy type things with teeth (Monty Python?). But look at this poop fest:














These cats are "currently passing over the monarch overwintering areas in Mexico. The overwintering monarch butterflies on Earth are at an altitude of approximately 10,000 feet and have travelled at most about 2,500 miles (in up to 10 weeks) at a rate of 12 mph or so. In contrast, our "astropillars" are at an altitude of approximately 1,100,000 feet and have traveled a bit more than 3,000,000 miles (in just under 1 week) at an average rate of over 17,000 mph."

I wish I was a baller, I wish I was a monarch astropillar, I wish I had a girl that was phat, I would call her....

Check out more poop pics.