Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things Becoming Things: Images by Gunther

Gunther isn't here, instead I am. This summer crawly things have loved the dwarf arctic blue willow shrub. Below are images of things becoming things. Then a butterfly who has seen better days. Then the tree althea is coming on (rose of sharon on a stick). Then an ironweed shot Gunther said he liked.

With the althea and sunflowers out, it's only a matter of time until it snows. I'm taking bets on what blooms last in my garden: I'm pulling for the turtle head. Other candidates are joe pye weed, sweet autumn clematis, the newly planted lily bulbs, or the late-growing blue morning glories. Oh, I'll also throw in the goldenrod. This is undoubtedly more fun if it's your first garden in its first full summer.




































































No comments: