Sunday, September 15, 2013

Presentation, Plant Sale, Open Garden

This Saturday, 9/21, I'm opening my heart and soul to anyone who wants to poke and prod it. 

At 1pm I'll give a roughly 30 minute powerpoint presentation on native plants for wildlife that work well for me (if you've seen my talks before it'll pretty much be the same thing). I'll have enough seats for about 15 people, then you have to stand.

At 1:30pm, or a fuzz later, I'll open the garden for tours, questions, and a plant sale (proceeds of which will go straight into my buy a prairie / restore a prairie / start artist residency and nursery fund).

Come see the beginning blooms of the last fall flowers, and hopefully the peak migration of monarch butterflies as they come south.

Either before or after stopping by here, you should also visit the Nebraska Statewide Arboretum native plant sale over on UNL's east campus. Great folks, great plants!


Saturday 9/21
1:00 to 3:00 pm
3755 W. Plum St.
Lincoln, Nebraska
RAIN DATE -- Next day, same prairie time, same prairie channel

Some of the 50 or so plants I'll have, $3-5 each, include:

Stiff Goldenrod
Zigzag Goldenrod
Blue Pitcher Sage
Wild Senna
Mystery Liatris (is it white or purple, low or tall?)
Monkey Flower
Milkweed
Amsonia hubrichtii
Eupatorium Coelestinum
Caryopteris
Iris
Prairie Cascade Willow (rooted tree cutting)
Dig you own / beg me to chop it and dig it Mystery Hosta
Some sort of white Spiraea that needs a wetter area than I can give it (needs to be dug)

I plan to have another plant sale next May or June -- this one will have tons of flowers, grasses, and sedges from seeds gathered from my open-pollinated, organic garden.

2 comments:

raptorrunner said...

This sounds great, but I'll have to take a rain check and catch up with you another time! I'm all booked up on the 21st.

Keep up posted!

Gardens-In-The-Sand said...

I want some of that salvia... Seems like some great pricing...

But ...
I don't reckon Ima get up to Nebraska...